Personal protective equipment is a crucial element of keeping your employees safe. Unfortunately, it is often overlooked or neglected whenever it is time to update the company uniform. Astronauts need special suits to help them survive when they go into space; firefighters need turnout gear; your employees need PPE.
PPE for the Automotive Industry
When you run a business in the automotive industry, the right PPE becomes even more critical. Repairing vehicles is hazardous, as you don’t want your employees to be injured by flying sparks or oil spills. Dealing with paint jobs and body repair after an accident is just as risky, if not more. Respirators are necessary to help prevent your workers from inhaling any toxic fumes that could potentially damage their lungs or eyes.
Types of PPE
Different types of PPE are suited for various tasks, and some provide more protection than others. That’s just the way it is. Speak to a reputable dealer or uniform dealer to ensure that you can secure the best PPE for whatever you may need to get done. Here is a look at why you may need:
- Eyewear: when it comes to eyewear, you will need glasses and goggles that protect against sparks, fluids, particles, and shards of hot metal.
- Footwear: Shoes and boots are essential as well. That way, anything substantial that starts rolling or falling on the floor won’t injure your workers. Plus, the rubber lining can protect against puncture wounds.
- Rubber-lined clothing: All gloves, shoes, shirts, pants, should be lined with rubber to help protect against electric shocks.
- Helmets: Helmets can also help against falling items or materials and protect the head and face.
- Respirators: Respirators are most effective against dust, toxic fumes, or smoke that could harm your workers.
Finally, abide by all rules and regulations set forth by OSHA. These standards are in place for a reason: to ensure workplace safety. Violating any of OSHA’s guidelines can result in stiff fines. It is much more fiscally responsible and morally prudent to do the right thing and provide your employees with all the protection that they could need. Your workers and their loved ones will thank you.
Uniform Services from Ace Uniform
To give your business a clean, professional, and cohesive look, rely on Ace Uniform. Whether you need uniforms in the food, automotive, industrial, construction, medical, security, or you-name-it industry, we can provide you with the uniforms you need for the price you want. Give us a call at 1-800-366-1616 or visit us online to learn how we can help meet your needs. Want to get to know us even better? Visit us on social media on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn.